Undi Oondi (Steamed Rice Dumplings)
- 2 cups sonamasuri rice (soak overnight)
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt to taste
1) Grind the rice along coconut next day morning. Grind it to course batter. Avoid adding more of water.
2) Keep a wide vehicle under low heat. Add coconut oil, grease it. Pour the ground batter into the vessel. Add salt, mix well.
3) Keep stirring the batter gently so as to evaporate excess water. Continue doing until the batter get into a mass like Chapati dough.
4) Turn off the flame and transfer the cooked dough onto a plate. Or let it cool under moderate temperature. Wet your palms with water.
5) Pinch small portions out of the dough and shape them either into balls or ovals.
You may also like these ...