Tiger Prawns Masala Fry
- 1 kg tiger prawns, deshelled & deveined
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil for Frying [you can also use vegetable oil, but I love the aroma of coconut oil and its very healthy than rest refined oil]
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp corn powder or fine rice flour (helps the masala to stck well to the prawns)
Mix the following to make a Masala Paste :
- Grind to smooth fine paste the red chilli [25 red chilli (10 small red chilli + 15 long Kashmiri red chilli) previous soaked in warm water for 15 min [you can also use 3 tbsp of kasmiri red chilli powder instead grinding fresh]
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 small tsp cumin powder
- 2 big tbsp. ginger-garlic paste (freshly prepared)
- Mix well all these above ingredients.
Clean the prawns, deshell it & devein.
Marinate the Prawns in lemon juice and tumeric powder, little salt for 20 mins. Now mix the prawns in Masala paste and keep aside for 10-15 mins
Add corn powder/fine rice flour so that the masala sticks well to the prawns while they get fried. Check if salt needed. Now deep fry or tava fry the Prawns and serve along meals as a side dish.
You may also like these ...