Surnoli (fluffy-soft konkani Pancakes)
- 3 cup dosa rice (soak for 6-8 hours, I soaked it for more than 8 hours since morning to night)
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) soak it along rice.
- 2 cups poha (soak it with equal level of water 1 hour prior to grinding)
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh curd
Making of dosa batter :
1) Grind the rice, methi ?seeds along curd to make smooth batter. Do not add more water.
2) Similarly grind the poha along coconut to make fine batter.
3) Transfer batter to a vessel. Mix both the batter well by beating it using hand.
4) Keep the batter with close lid for over night fermentation.
Making of dosa :
1) Heat iron skilet. Grease it with butter /Ghee /coconut oil.
2) Spread even rounds of dosa batter. Close the lid. Cook surnoli on one side for a minute. Serve the surnoli hot with a dollop of butter or along Curry of your choice.
You may also like these ...