Silver Fish Pepper Curry | Bolanjir Miryakan Randai ( konkani )
1/2 kg Silver Fish (Bolanjir) - cleaned
1 tbsp fresh pepper powder
1 medium onion chopped (for tempering)
Salt as per taste
Masala Paste :
Roast following with a tsp of coconut oil.
1 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp coriander seeds
12-15 Bydagi redchilli
Add small tamarind ball
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Add 1 cup water and grind to smooth paste.
1. Heat 2tbsp coconut oil in a vessel. Add the chopped onions.
2. Fry the onions until light brown.
3. Add the ground Masala paste. Add adequate water. Salt to taste.
4. When the gravy boils add a Tbsp pepper powder. Mix well.
5. The gravy leaves oil. Now add the Silver Fish. Stir gently.
6. For for a minute. Switch off the flame. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
7. Serve the Fish Curry with Boiled rice. It also goes well along Neer dosa.
Note : Do not overcook the fish. It gets cooked sooner.
You may also like these ...