Poppy Seed Creamy Chicken Curry
- Needed 1 kg chicken.
Marinate the Chicken for 20 minutes :
- 1 Lemon juice.
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste.
- 1/2 tbsp Salt.
- 1 coconut (grated and ground to paste to extract milk)
Needed while cooking Chicken :
- 4 medium diced onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 green chilli
- 10 garlic fine chop
- Garlic 1" fine chop
- 2 tomato chopped
Making of masala paste
- Red chilli (roated) -15
- 2 tbsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 Saunf/feenal seeds
- 1/2 tsp methi seeds/feenugreek seeds
- 15 pepper corn
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup cashew ( Soak previously for 1 hour )
- 3 tbsp Poppy Seeds ( Soak previously for 1 hour )
Masala mixture :
- Soak poppy seed and cashew for 1 hour before proceeding to make a paste.
- Grind the following to fine smooth paste: Byadagi Red chilli (Roasted), Coriander seeds (Roasted), cumin seeds (Roasted), Methi seeds (Roasted), Feenal seeds (Roasted), pepper corn, Turmeric powder, Garam masala, Poppy seeds, cashew nut.
Take a voke, fry the cumin seed, garlic, ginger, followed by onions. Fry until onions turn transparent and light brown.
Add the marinated chicken and saute well. Add the tomatoes, green chilli, 1 tsp salt and let the chicken cook in low flame for 15 minutes. Dont add water, the tomato added and the chicken liquid is enough for the chicken to get cooked.
Mean while extract the coconut milk from the ground coconut. Extract 3 batches of milk using a strainer.
When the chicken is cooked, add the ground masala stir well and cook for 5 minutes while you stir it well occasionally.
Now add the coconut milk, adjust the salt and bring the curry to a boil.
When done, serve along Chapati/parata/nan/idli or even rice. You will see the gravy gets thicker after a while, which is due to the poppy seeds.
You may also like these ...