Mutton Curry Konkani Style
- 1kg Mutton
- 8 green chilli slit
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger garlic paste
- 4 onions julienne cut
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 5 tbsp Ghee
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt as required
Masala paste :
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 25 byadagi red chilli
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp methi seeds
- 1/2" cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 6 pepper corn
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Roast all the above with Ghee one by one. And grind to smooth paste adding 1/2" ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder with adequate water.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1kg Mutton
1) Heat 3 tbsp each Ghee & coconut oil. Add cumin saute for fee second.
2) Add onion, fry until light brown. Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute for few seconds.
3) Add Mutton pieces. Stir fry well 2-3 minutes. Add tomato Chops and slit green chilli. Mix well and saute for few minutes. Add salt.
4) Add 5 cups water and mix well. Pressure cook for 10-12 whistles.
5) You can remove 3 cup of Mutton stock and use as soup. It's healthy and delicious.
6) For the rest of the stock along Mutton add the ground masala paste. Add water as required to maintain gravy consistency. Adjust salt. Mix well.
7) Cook the gravy under medium heat for 10 minutes until oil leaves the gravy and add Fried onions as tempering. Add chopped coriander leaves. Cook for a minute and switch off the flame.
8) Sever Mutton Curry with Chapati / rice.
Note : The Mutton cooking depends on how long it gets cooked. I have pressure cooked for 12 whistles. It cooks perfectly soft and juicy.
Tempering with onion along Ghee gives a delicious flavor to the Mutton Curry.
You may also like these ...