Mangalorean Dried Prawns Sukka
- Medium dried Prawns 100 gm ( head removed )
- green chilli chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp red chilli (Guntur chilli powder - it's spicy)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil Salt
Making of Coconut :
- Grind the below ingredients into dry course powder (do not add water).
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 small tsp cumin seeds
- 10-12 garlic slit cloves
- Roast above using a little of coconut oil. (Roast until u smell the aroma. The coconut should turn slightly brown. Roast slowly under low heat only).
1) First remove the head of dry prawns and rinse it clean. (wash in tap water for 3-5 times depending on salt & sand gravels if so. Next soak it in warm water for 2-3 minutes. Drain the excess water, squeeze extra water and keep it aside).
2) Take a voke. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil. Add the chopped onions. Fry until light brown.
3) Add the dried Prawns. Stir fry under low heat for 5 minutes. Let the Prawns roast well and water content is removed.
4) Add 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp red chilli powder, 2 green chilli fine chopped. Strip fry well (2-3 mins).
5) Add coursely powdered coconut. Stir fry under low to medium heat until the content is dry. This may take 5 to 8 minutes. This way you can store the Sukka in air tight containers for long shelf life.
6) Mangalorean Dried Prawns Sukka is ready to be served along meals. You can also have it along Conjee also know as rice porridge.
You may also like these ...