Kolhapuri Chicken Curry
- 1 Kg medium Chicken pieces
- 4 medium onion chopped
- 5 garlic flakes
- 2 star anise
- 2 Mace or javitri
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 medium Tomato puree
- Cilantro(coriander) & mint leaves fine paste: Add 6 garlic flakes along 1 tbsp chopped ginger and grind it along 1:1 mint and cilantro leaves. i have taken 1 cup of mint and 1 cup of cilantro leaves.
Goda Masala Powder making ( Dry roast all the following spices and grind to fine powder ) :
- Dhania/Coriander seeds 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Kasmiri Red chilli 15 numbers
- Poppy seeds 2 tsp
- Cumin/Jeera 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds 1 tsp
- Musturd Seeds 1 tsp
- Methi seeds 1/2 tsp
- Pepper corns 1 tsp
- Cinnamon stick 1"
- Cloves 4 numbers
- Cardamom 4 numbers
- Dry coconut 3 tbsp (if your usinf fresh one then take 4 tbsp, dry roast it separately till light brown, you can also use grated Kopra provided you roast them too)
Marination of Chicken:
- Marinate the Chicken with 1/2 cup fresh yogurt, Goda/Kolhapuri masala powder & salt. Keep aside for 10-30 minutes.
- Marination for long is better, but if your in hurry you can keep it for minimum 10 minutes interval.
Take a wide bottom vessel heat 5 tbsp oil. Fry the maze, star anise, garlic. Add the onions, chilli powder and turmeric powder and saute well till onion gets golden brown.
When the onion have fried well add the marinated Chicken and miz well for 2-3 minutes under Medium flame.
Now add the tomato Puree and mix well , close the lid and cook the chicken for 15 minutes under low flame.
After 15 minutes open the lid, you can see that the chicken is cooked and left out the water content. It really smell great at this moment due to the wonderful aroma of the Goda masala.
I have made the green paste. it enhances the recipe taste.
Add the green paste and stir well, keep the curry for cooking around 5-8 minutes. When done switch off the flame. Serve the curry along Rice, Roti or nan.
You may also like these ...