Goan Crab Curry
1kg medium Blue Crab cleaned
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
2-3 tbsp coconut oil
Salt to tastePreparation of Masala Paste :Roast the below ingredients with a tsp coconut oil -
15 byadagi red chilli
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 small tsp snauf
1 star anise
1" cinnamon stick
1/2 onion chopped
Grind the above roasted along the following to smooth paste -
Small tamarind ball
5 garlic cloves
Pepper powder (you can also use pepper corn- 10no')
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1) Take a deep bottom vessel or cooker.
2) Heat coconut oil. Fry the onion for 2-3 minutes, followed by tomato 2-3 minutes.
3) Add the ground masala paste. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add salt.
4) Add the crab and mix well along masala paste.
5) Add 2-3 cups of water as required, adjust the salt if needed.
6) Mix well. Let the crab get cooked along gravy, you can cook from 10-15 minutes in low flame. The gravy gradually gets thicker. Switch off the flame when oil leaves in gravy.
7) The spicy crab curry goes well along boiled rice.
You may also like these ...