Green Chilli Chicken
1 kg medium chicken pieces
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cardamom powder
2 thin sliced medium onions
1 medium chopped tomato
1 tbsp Garam Masala powder
Salt as per taste
3-4 tbsp Coconut oil
Coriander coconut Masala paste :
Roast following :
1 star anise
1" Cinnamon stick
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Snauf (fennel seeds)
1/2 Methi seeds
1/2 cup coconut pieces/ grated coconut
Transfer the above roasted to grinder
Add 1 cup coriander leaves
Add 5 garlic cloves
1 tsp grated ginger
Add a cup of water
Grind all ingredients to smooth paste.
For Tadka :
4 strands chopped curry leaves
10-12 slit green Chilli (depending on spice requirement)
1. Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in a Kadai. Add the sliced onions. Fry until light brown. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp salt & 1/2 tsp cardamom powder. Stir Fry well.
2. Add the chicken pieces. Mix well.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes & 1 tbsp Garam Masala powder. Mix well.
4. Close the lid. Let the chicken cook in its own water. The tomatoes also leave water. Cook for around 10-12 minutes wit occasional stirring.
5. Open the lid add the ground Masala paste. Mix well. Cook for 10 mins until the Masala leaves oil.
6. Heat a tsp coconut oil, fry the chopped curry leaves & slit green Chilli for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add the tadka to the cooked chicken. Mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins. Green Chilli Chicken is ready to be served.
You may also like these ...