Benne Dosa | Buttery Soft Crispy Dosa
- Dosa Rice 1 1/2 cup
- Poha-1 1/2 cup
- Urad Dal-1/2 cup
- Sugar-1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp methi seeds (Fenugreek seeds)
- Salt-to taste
- Butter-as needed?
1) Rinse Dosa rice with methi seeds, poha and urad dal separately and then soak for 4-5 hrs.
2) Strain and grind to a smooth batter and add salt and sugar and mix well. (Do not add much water while grinding. Maintain the dosa batter consistency.)
3) Ferment for at least 8 hours.
Making of Quick Potato Bhaji :
1) Boil and mash 2 potatoes. Chop the 1 onion and 2 green chilles and set aside.
2) In a pan, add 2 tbsp coconut oil oil followed by 1/2 tsp mustard (let it splutter) and add 1/4 tsp channa Dal. Add green chilli and chopped onion to it. Stir fry well until onion turns transparent.
3) Now, add mashed potatoes and turmeric powder. Add salt and mix well, stir fry for 3-5 minutes under medium heat. The filling is ready. You can keep it aside till you make the dosa.
Making of the Benne Dosa :
1) Heat a iron griddle, add butter as required and once it has melted pour the dosa batter after mixing it well.
2) Spread it like a regular dosa and close the lid.
3) Once the bottom is crisp and golden flip it on other side, add butter before flipping. Once it done Crispy take it out on a plate.
4) Serve hot with potato bhaji or sambhar and coconut chutney.
Note : you can also make the dosa thinner and fry it on one side. If it's like normal dosa type, you need to flip it over and fry to Crispy.
You may also like these ...