Bangude Pulimunchi (in Tulu) or Mackeral Hot n Sour gravy( Mangalore Bunt delicacy )
- Fresh cleaned Mackerel 10 number
- 8 pods of smashed garlic
- 4 strands of fresh curry leaves
- Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil
Grind the following to fine paste using minimum water :
- 12 Kasmiri red Chilli soaked before for 15 mintes in warm water
- 1 tbsp coriandar seeds ( Dry roast )
- 1/2 tbsp jeera ( Dry roast )
- 1/2 tsp methi seeds ( Dry roast )
- 1/2 tsp musturd seeds (Dry roast)
- 1/2 cup tamerind pulp, soak enough amount of tamerind in hot water for 10 minutes, sqeezing well and filter the smooth pulp
Note: You can also add 1 tomato pulp if you want to minimize the amount red chillies, this is for people who avoid more spice] ?
Heat oil in a kadai, fry the garlic and curry leaves till they give good aroma.
Now add the ground paste and tamerind pulp and cook well untill oil leaves the corners. Add enough salt.
Place the fish neatly soaked into the masala, cook ech side for 5 minutes.
Switch off the burner when done. Serve hot along steamed rice. You can also have it along dosa or idli.
You may also like these ...